Happy Friday-eve, readers! 😉🍂 & to top it off, the fall weather we’ve been having in Ohio has been perfect this past week; the vivid orange and brown hues, the crisp breeze & all the fall layers!
One huge trend this season is suede. And another style that’s slithered its way back into the fashion scene (which I’m so happy about!) is snap-front mini skirts. LIKE HELLO, yes, please give me all of them + every color of tights! 🤗😍 but seriously, these take me back to my early grade school days… #tbt.
I snagged this fun suede skirt from Old Navy, & it pairs with so much! Again, staples are key. 😉 I paired this with a classic cream sweater from way back in the day, but it’s adorable with a plain or patterned turtleneck or a black & White stripped tee. Throw on neutral tights + your favorite booties & you’re set for the day! (Ps: I featured these show-stopper booties in my last blog post – check it out!)
Have you dived into the snap-front skirts again?! If so, what do you love to pair with it? I’d love to hear!
Happy (almost) Sunday, readers! Today was beyond gorgeous – bright blue skies, low humidity, 88 degrees and a gleaming sun. What more can you ask for?! 🌞
As this summer’s fashion trends have been rolling out, florals and bold colors have been HUGE! Now, don’t get me wrong, patterns and bold colors can undoubtedly be intimidating. The key to all things intimindation is confidence. If you dig the all-over, funky pattern, you rock it with confidence! Trust me, it will make every single outfit.
I found the most fun patterned Pixie pants and shorts from Old Navy recently.
I love these pants because you can mix a solid or a subtle pattern for the top to add a bit more sass & fun! The aloha flowers make me wish I were on vacation like no other. Also, I’m obsessed with Pixie pants in general – they’re always a perfect fit.
These coral palm tree printed shorts are more than perfect. They’re long but not too long, like “mom-long.” I paired these with a white tunic from Old Navy for a casual & chic summer look. These bad boys are my new favorite shorts. 🌴
No matter the color, no matter the pattern, always wear confidence. Life can’t be perfect, but your outfit can be. 🎀
What are some of your most loved summer patterns or pieces?
So now that it finally feels like spring has sprung, that means bright colors, dresses & light textiles! Today, I finally put away all the bulky sweaters & hung all zee fresh & vibrant colors in my wardrobe (granted, I will always have a bit of black for every season 😉). It’s so refreshing.
With this transition, I wanted to share with you all a couple of my favorite pieces & top picks for clothing shops:
Target. But really, Target is my top go-to for clothing. If you don’t already shop there, you need to very soon! They have some great steals, & Victoria Beckham just released her not-so-Posh line & it’s ahhh-maxing!
Loft. I mean cute & business/casual chic all in one?! HI, YES PLEASE. Plus, sign up for Loft emails – there’s usually a sale code included! 😉
Vernacular. A local clothing boutique that’s expanding to Texas and Atlanta. They have prime, hand-picked pieces for every season! You can also order online.
OK, so what are some of your favorite clothing shops or boutiques?! What are you rocking for spring?
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE EVE, everyone! Despite the chilly, rainy weather, I’m so excited for holiday festivities and love and gift giving and of course, copious amounts of mouth-watering food; hey, it’s the holla-daze, right?! 😉🎄❄
Even with the holidays (less than 48 hours!) near, many of us still had put in that 9-5 this week. Wake and slay. ✨ And in order to slay the days, cozy yet professional outfits are there at the ready.
I’m ob-sessed with plaid – any form of plaid! I discovered this super comfy and versatile plaid LuLaRoe Cassie skirt (no, I’m not going totally mainstream with my fashion choices) recently and paired it with navy tights, a neutral sweater and my beloved cognac booties! 😉
1. LuLaRoe definitely has some fun, fashionable and comfy pieces! I would recommend checking out consultants you may know or searching for them on Facebook. 👗
2. This Cassie skirt doubles as an infinity scarf! Like how wild is that?! AND it actually looks really cute.
With the type of outfit that your comfortable and confident in, you have all the power to slay the day, whether it’s at the office or out-n-about! And this time of year is perfect to pull out any and all plaid to stay cozy and comfy.
What plaid pieces are you obsessed with?! How do you rock them?!
As promised, here is one of my favorite topics I wanted to share with you all: Wardrobe Staple Pieces! Woot woot!
As I’m still freshly new at my job, and the dress code is business casual/jean appropriate I want to continue to build my wardrobe with with pieces I can match for a whole slue of outfits! + I think it’s so fun to mix and match pieces to creat new and fun outfits for any occasion.
Here’s just a few fab pieces I’m looking to buy this summer:
1. Navy blazer: navy pieces can go with so many different colors, such as coral, white, grey, tan, white, yellow, other shades of blue, etc. I’m so excited to pair this with a coral peplum top I recently bought at Express, and with dark or light jeans- high waisted or hip-rise! Ahhh, and patterns! I think a patterned top would look stellar with a simple navy blazer.
2. Oxfords: I always seen young women sporting Oxfords, from black to tan to navy. Honestly, I really like tan/nude oxfords because I think they could pair with a wider variety of colors. Seriously, you could wear these little lace up shoes with a fun neutral, casual dress, jeans or even navy pants. The opportunities are endless!
3. High waisted black pants: While I do have a pair, I want another brand of black pants (mine are a little too stretchy for my taste….). At the same time, I wear these with so many different outfits- casual or work- based on the top(s) I’m wearing. They look so chic with pointed toed heels or flats and a skinny black belt! So many possibilities. + black goes with nearly any color (aside from navy).
I found all of these items on Old Navy’s website- a place I haven’t really shopped before… definitely some cute finds!
So bloggers, what are some staple items you currently own or want to own in the future? What do you pair them with?
Until next time, Xx
PS- A good friend of mine introduced me to a local boutique here in Columbus, OH called Vernacular. I have never liked nearly every piece at a store/boutique until I walked into one of their two locations! Check out Vernacular on their website at vernacular.myshopify.com or on their Facebook– they have a very interesting history, too! It’s slightly pricey, but all are pieces you wouldn’t find at a “big box” shop… Happy shopping!